Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Odd Couple

Most people think that the only comic book theme Neal Hefti ever wrote was the theme to the Batman television show (including its dadaeqsue lyric, 'nananana nananana'; so avant garde, even for the sixities). But he also wrote the lyrics to another well-known television theme. 

Those lyrics, which you've probably never heard (with good reason), are below, and I'm convinced that Hefti had another comic book pair in mind at the time he wrote them. For the record, I'm okay with the "youthful ward" thing; poor boy and rich man, helping each other out. It's okay, it's the way of the world. 

 But ... "boy pals"? No. No, that's just wrong... 

No matter where they go 
They are known as the couple.



They're never seen alone 
So they're known as the couple.




As I've indicated 
They are never quite separated, 




They are peas in a pod. 
Don't you think that it's odd. 



Their habits, I confess 
None can guess with the couple. 



If one says no it's yes 
more or less, with the couple.



But they're laugh-provoking; 
Yet they really don't know they're joking.



Don't you find 
When love is blind 
It's kind of odd.

Post a Comment

0 Comments