Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beautiful Florida Photos

I’d like to concentrate on some of the beautiful birds I’ve seen this month.

pelicancropIMG_6624

Isn’t this Pelican pretty surrounded by Flamingos?

egretIMG_6562

And how about this Great White Egret in flight!

The Black Crowned Night Heron is always eye catching…

blackcrownnightheronIMG_6631

and this Ibis has lots of dark feathers. (maybe a young one?)

ibisdarkIMG_6633

My timing on showing ‘wild animals’ was bad last Saturday considering the terrible news of the lady that was killed by an Alligator here in Florida. My heart goes out to her family.

lilypadIMG_6553

Alligators are dangerous and we have to realize that they are going to act like a wild animal and we have to constantly be on our guard. I still feel very blessed to get out in nature and see these amazing critters. But I am always careful. And to tell you the truth, we are more likely to come across snakes than anything else. Of course that doesn’t make me feel any better. I’ll keep hiking and spending time photographing nature though. It’s worth the risk! Or at least it is for me!

irisIMG_6583

Did you get outside this week with your camera?

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE

and I’d Rather B Birdin’.

Post a Comment

0 Comments